OTHER HISTORICAL SITES
A certain place is famous because of its tourist attractions or spots. It is also a popular destination among foreign and local tourist. Now let’s take a little closer to some of Cebu’s premier tourist attractions.
1. Colon Street - known as the oldest street in the Philippines. This marks the downtown area, thus there are bunches of commercial establishments, fast food restaurants, lodging house/pent house and sometimes beggars who seek for alms. Colon Street is one of the busiest streets in Cebu, wherein there are congested traffic jams. Every month of December, there’s a celebration to mark its fiesta.
2. University of San Carlos - named as the oldest university in the country as it was established on 1556. Inside this university, there is a small museum that features the cultural heritage of Filipino ancestors.
3. Capitol Building - this is a replica of United States of America’s white house. It is situated in Osmeña Blvd., Cebu City. If you want to visit in this place, observe proper dress code. There’s a strong implementation of dress code in here.
4. Pres. Sergio Osmeña Memorabilia & Cap Art Gallery - this showcases the memorabilia of late Pres. Sergio Osmeña. There are around 500 personal belongings and documents of the late President. The location of this place is at 60 Osmeña Blvd., Cebu City.
5. Julian Jumalon's Butterfly Sanctuary and Art Gallery - a collection of preserved beautiful and colorful butterflies located at 20-D Macopa St., Basak, Cebu City. It also houses the wonderful creations of Lepido Mosaic Art collection, so called it used the butterfly wings as its medium. 6. Rizaliana Museum - contains the memorabilia of the late national hero Dr. Jose Rizal. It was given to the University of Southern Philippines Museum by her sister for safe keeping.
7. Casa Gorordo - visiting here gives you a feeling of Filipino’s way of life in the period between 1860 & 1920. This is also the home of the first Filipino bishop in Cebu, Juan Gorordo.
8. Rose Ong Orchid Collection - a variety of adorable orchids is here. Feel free to drop by in this biggest orchid collection in the province.